Newcomers’ Workshop 2013
19th August 2013 - 20th August 2013
We are pleased to announce that HEURO is running its annual event again specifically for members of staff who are new to the role. Our 2013 Newcomers’ Workshops will be hosted by Coventry University and will take place on the 19th and 20th of August 2013.
The event is intended specifically for newcomers to the profession with little or no prior knowledge of Erasmus. However, any colleagues who would like to refresh their knowledge of the programme are also welcome to attend. Topics to be covered include:
- Essential paperwork and deadlines, with a walk through the Erasmus year;
- Best practice in setting up bilateral agreements and creating beneficial partnerships;
- How and when to distribute funding to students;
- Ways of preparing students for their placement abroad;
- Different approaches to marketing international experiences;
- An electronic session during which participants would be shown how to use the HEURO website, experience the national agency’s mobility reporting software and have the opportunity to explore UKCISA’s ‘New to International’ resource.
Sessions are a combination of presentations and group activities. Day 1 will focus on incoming student mobility and Day 2 will look at outgoing. Participants are welcome to attend either or both days.
There will be a HEURO dinner at the Godiva Restaurant on Monday, 19th August, to which colleagues are warmly invited, and accommodation is available in the nearby Ibis Coventry Centre hotel for those who wish to stay overnight.
We look forward to seeing you in Coventry but if in the meantime, you have any questions about this event, please do not hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org