Newcomers’ Workshop 2014
27th August 2014 - 28th August 2014
We are pleased to announce that HEURO is running again its annual event specifically for members of staff who are new to the role. Our 2014 Newcomers’ Workshops will be hosted by Coventry University and will take place on the 27th and 28th of August 2014.
The event is intended specifically for newcomers to the profession with little or no prior knowledge of Erasmus. However, any colleagues who would like to refresh their knowledge of the programme are also welcome to attend. Topics to be covered include:
- Essential paperwork and deadlines, with a walk through the Erasmus year;
- Best practice in setting up bilateral agreements and creating beneficial partnerships;
- How and when to distribute funding to students;
- Ways of preparing students for their placement abroad;
- Different approaches to marketing international experiences;
- An introduction to the new Erasmus+ programme and an opportunity to put your specific questions to HEURO and to the British Council.
A link to the programme is below; sessions are a combination of presentations and group activities. Day 1 will focus on incoming student mobility and Day 2 will look at outgoing. Participants are welcome to attend either or both days.
There will be a HEURO dinner at Coombe Abbey Hotel on Wednesday, 27th August, to which colleagues are warmly invited, and accommodation is available in the Ramada Coventry City Centre Hotel for those who wish to stay overnight.
Registration is now open using the link below. Please note that there will no refunds for cancellations made after 19th August 2014.